RUSES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Forum Reboot

3 posters

Go down

Forum Reboot Empty Forum Reboot

Post  Rory Mangles Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:53 am

Looking around this forum, i see that no post have been made since 2012...

However the view counter on the main page listed that there are presently 22 people online, which is currently a record for this forum.

There is therefore clearly still some interest in the forum, however it seems to be rather forgotten.

It seems largely aimed at helping with the courses. However as a society forum, should it not be aimed also at organizing projects outside of the course? I have a few projects that i would like to look into, and would be interested to see if anyone else might be up for it.

I'm well aware this may get no replies as this forum is rather quiet, but worth a shot.

One of the projects i was looking at goes as follows: I've been writing computer games for a few years now, and have recently started looking into phone games. Seeing as the Uni has recently released a MOOC on programming games for phones, i was considering starting up a small project with people interested in programming phone games/ apps and putting them online.

You don't have to know how to program games, just be interested in learning useful programming skills. Phone games have a growing market, and its a relatively easy one to get into. If this project goes ahead and goes well, it may even be possible to turn it into a small business.

My weapon of choice when it comes to apps is http://www.appgamekit.com/ ; it compiles onto multiple platforms and i know the language it uses (Dark AGK/ C++) pretty well.
I believe the MOOC uses Java or similar and runs only on Android. Either would be fine, and if you have any more languages to bring to the table you're more than welcome!

Last edited by Rory Mangles on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Rory Mangles

http://www.northdownfarm.co.uk/rory/tim/

Back to top Go down

Forum Reboot Empty Re: Forum Reboot

Post  lee Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:45 pm

I would love to see the forum up and running, and the pages are certainly getting the views so it seems other people are too. Less lurking people and get involved!
lee
lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam__ Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:21 am

Let's get this forum going again! Maybe for lightly longer this time.
Sam__
Sam__

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down